LAST UPDATED: June 8, 2021
Terms of Service
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we may collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive information. If you should do so inadvertently, we may use and disclose that information in the same manner as any other information you provide to us.
Linked Sites and Service Providers
Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process Personal Information and Anonymous Information such as the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us. See section below titled “Information We Collect Directly From You”.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, email address, zip code/post code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, age, and any other information you choose to provide.
“Anonymous Information” is aggregated or pseudonimized information which cannot be used to identify you, such as information about ICER’s users that it renders in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
Information We Collect Directly From You. When you access our Site and Services you may provide us Personal Information directly as follows:
- To Create an Account: When you sign up for an ICER account, you may be requested to provide your name, email address, employer or organization affiliation, phone number, address, business sector information, and if a payor, the number of covered lives.
- To use the Evidence Compendium (EC) application in ICER Analytics: When you enter data into the Evidence Compendium program for comparison, including, without limitation, net price (“EC Data”), EC Data are stored so such EC Data are available for your next sessions. EC Data are not accessed by any third party, but may be used by ICER solely for the purposes of providing the Services by and through the Sites. When you subscribe to ICER Analytics, you have the right to opt out of the aforementioned EC Data storage function, in which case the EC Data entered are not stored or saved.
- To use the Interactive Modeler (IM) application in ICER Analytics: When you enter data into the Interactive Modeler program for computation (“IM Data”), IM Data are stored so such IM Data are available for your next sessions. IM Data are not accessed by any third party, but may be used by ICER solely for the purposes of providing the Services by and through the Sites. When you subscribe to ICER Analytics, you have the right to opt out of the aforementioned IM Data storage function, in which case the IM Data entered are not stored or saved.
- To Sign Up for Our Newsletter: When you sign up for our newsletter, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and other contact information.
- To Contact Us: When you contact us through our Sites or otherwise, you may be requested to provide your full name, email address, and any account information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We and our Service Providers may collect certain Personal Information automatically as the result of your use of the Site and other web analytics services. This information generally includes:
- Usage Data: When you use the Site, we and our Service Providers may track and collect usage data and information about your interactions with the Site such as the pages that you visit, the links you click, and the date and time your device accesses the Site or our servers.
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing the Site by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Site, browser type and operating system, device information, device event information, and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Site. We and our Service Providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and determining your approximate geographic location.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website attaches to your browser when you visit a website. We may use both “session” Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and “persistent” Cookies (which stay on your computer until deleted) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with the Site. When you visit a website, that website’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. We do not store Personal Information in any cookies on your computer. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions within the help tab. However, in order to use certain aspects of the Site, your web browser must accept cookies, and therefore some aspects of the Site may not work properly if you choose to disable cookies.
- Geographic Location Information: If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending us location information (e.g. IP address). When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and our Service Providers and partners may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Device Information: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of the Site that you are using. We and our Service Providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our Service Providers to the device from which you are accessing the Site and other transactional information for the device that we and our Service Providers may use to serve content and advertisements to the device.
- Software Development Kits (“SDK(s)”): We may use third parties including our business partners and Service Providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Site. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular product or service.
Use and Sharing of Your Information
We may collect such information for uses that include, but may not be limited to:
- enabling us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner, including to help us operate, evaluate, develop, analyze, manage and improve our products, Sites and Services;
- auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions; certain short-term, transient uses;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- to provide you with information relating to our organization, or to monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
- to communicate with you via a newsletter or in connection with any service or information requests submitted by you;
- administering and improving our Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
We also may de-identify and/or aggregate information to create aggregate or de-identified data sets and reports in order to assess, improve, and develop ICER’s business, products, and services; prepare benchmarking reports; and for other research and analytics purposes.
ICER will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement, or otherwise without your consent. Notwithstanding, ICER may disclose your Personal Information or Anonymous Information to third parties as follows:
- To its Service Providers to (i) provide the services necessary for them to perform tasks on ICER’s behalf, including, without limitation, hosting, data analysis, process transactions, email delivery, and other similar tasks; or (ii) provide advertising, campaign measurement, online and mobile analytics, and related services. These Service Providers access and use of such Personal Information and Anonymous Information to allow ICER better reach individuals with relevant ads and measure ICER’s ad campaigns, or to better understand how individuals interact with ICER’s Sites and online services over time and across devices;
- To courts, law enforcement agencies, and governmental authorities (i) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce the Terms; (v) to protect ICER’s operations; (vi) to protect ICER’s rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others; or (vii) to allow ICER to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that ICER may sustain; and
Notwithstanding the foregoing, ICER may share or sell aggregated or Anonymous Information, not identifying information, to third parties in accordance with applicable law. However, ICER never sells the net pricing EC Data or IM Data you enter into the Evidence Compendium program of ICER Analytics. Such pricing information is proprietary and sensitive, and ICER will not share such information with any third party. ICER may retain such information solely for the purposes of providing its services by and through the Sites, unless you opt-out of the storage and saving function of EC Data or IM Data when you subscribe to ICER Analytics as otherwise outlined herein.
To ensure that your information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
ICER is neither a “covered entity” nor a “business associate” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Rule of 1996 and its implementing regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”). It is important to note that HIPAA does not necessarily apply to an entity or person simply because there is health information involved in an arrangement and we believe that HIPAA does not apply to your transactions or communications with ICER.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. In some jurisdictions, including the EEA, you may exercise certain rights to access, request copies of, change or correct, request our deletion or transfer, object to or reject certain processing of your Personal Information. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us. In such circumstances we may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Site.
California Privacy Rights. California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California users who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, the following rights apply to you:subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and rectification of the Personal Information ICER maintains about you, to request the restriction of the processing of your Personal Information or to object to that processing on grounds relating to your situation. As described under ” Opting Out ” below, you have a right to unsubscribe from any marketing communications we may send to you. In addition, you may have the right to request erasure of your Personal Information from ICER’s systems in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Subject to applicable law, where technically feasible and following your written request and verifiable identification, we will provide you with a copy of your EEA or UK Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format.
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your Personal Information or complying with your request. In addition, if you exercise your right to request specific pieces of your Personal Information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is the subject of the request.
Opting Out. We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. Please note that, if you opt-out, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information as of the date that we process your opt-out request. Please also note that, if you do opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you, such as related to pending orders, returns, or refunds.
Opting Out of EC Data or IM Data Storage: When subscribing to ICER Analytics, you will be presented with the option to opt in or opt out of the saving and storage of EC Data or IM Data.
Opt Out of Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page found at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Adobe Flash LSOs. If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Site, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Site or our content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
Mobile Device Settings. On your mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Site, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
For more information about analytics and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page found at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 , the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page found at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, or EDAA’s Your Online Choices page found at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Institute for Clinical and Economic Review
Two Liberty Square, Ninth Floor
Boston, MA 02109