Austin Frakt, PhD
VA Boston Healthcare System
Titles and Affiliations:
- Director, Partnered Evidence-Based Policy Resource Center, VA Boston Healthcare System
- Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
- Senior Research Scientist, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Editor-in-Chief, Health Services Research
- Regular Contributor, The New York Times
Austin Frakt, Ph.D., is a Health Economist and Director of the Partnered Evidence-based Policy Resource Center at the Boston VA Healthcare System. He is also an Associate Professor affiliated with the Boston University School of Public Health; and an Adjunct Associate Professor with the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Dr. Frakt is an Editor-in-Chief and a primary author of the evidence-based health policy blog The Incidental Economist. He is a regular contributor on health policy topics to The New York Times’ The Upshot and the Journal of the American Medical Association Forum.
Dr. Frakt serves as a senior associate editor for Health Services Research and on the editorial board of the American Journal of Managed Care.